Blenko Glass started its operations in 1921 in Milton, WV. William J. Blenko, the company's founder originally produced stained glass windows, including windows for St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York City. After the Great Depression decimated the stained glass market, Blenko and his son found expert glassblowers to work for the company and refocused Blenko's work toward producing a variety of colorful stemware and tableware. During the mid-century, Blenko produced a variety of very popular frosted cocktail glassware. The company continues to make hand-blown glass today, although its production is now limited.