McKee, founded by five McKee brothers, was formed in 1834 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. In 1888, the factory moved to Jeanette, Pennsylvania where it combined its operations with the National Glass Company. In 1903, the company reorganized and became McKee Glass Factory. McKee produced large quantities of glassware including pressed patterns, opaque glassware, and white milk glass. In 1951, McKee became a division of the Thatcher Glass Manufacturing Company, which was later bought by Jeannette Glass Company. Jeannette produced pressed glassware in the McKee factory from 1961 until it closed in 1983.